Sunday, May 25, 2008

Eastbound, Hammer Down

Sunday 25 May 2008:

As previously mentioned, 2pm EDT today Rich and Kurt left out of Carmel Valley, California on what appears to be a Cannonball Run back to Orlando, Florida.

The path from Carmel Valley, CA to Orlando, FL is approximately 2700 miles (across either I-40 or I-10) it is presumed at this time they will travel I-10 west to east. Considering average speeds, required stops, and existing construction on I-10 as reported by Arizona DOT it will take them 41 hours of total ride time. Add to that a couple nights of sleep, we should expect to see them arrive in Orlando sometime late Thursday or early Friday.

The weather appears to be in their favor across 90% of their route as of today.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat..

Editorial Comment:
Will be interesting to see if they choose to take one of my favorite stretches of highway, I-40 from Barstow to Needles Calif. 144 miles of some of the flattest, and fastest Interstate in the U.S.
The run between Needles and Blythe, is another 96 miles of desolate road, which actually skirts an area dotted with
Anasazi ruins, and home of some recent UFO sightings (Of course its the Editors opinion that the UFO's are actually sorties being run out of Edwards AFB and Twentynine Palms)

Update:
It seems the two are sticking to I-5 like glue and are going to skirt Los Angeles via the 210 Freeway to catch I-10



6 comments:

K.K. said...

Muttering about Tuesday to me, and he has done Jacksonville to San Diego in forty some hours, so I would say Wednesday at the latest.

Logistics said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Logistics said...

Accidentally deleted my own comment...

I was saying I will bet you 1 virtual dollar we dont see them back in the area before 9am Thursday

K.K. said...

Sure, but just one virtual dollar??

Logistics said...

Sure, haven't you ever seen Trading Places?

K.K. said...

Nope